My 25 Year Dream Came to Fruition This Week

It is funny how dreams can be forgotten
I was in my late twenties when I had my first international business trip. I was to travel to our UK office in Bracknell located outside of London. I tacked on an extra day of travel just so I could see the wonders of London.
I was so mesmerized by Buckingham Palace, St. James Park and the Abbey. As a young businesswoman, all I could think of was “YES, I have made it!My career is taking off.”
During my business travel, my host was gracious enough to take me Windsor for dinner. We had a chance to walk by the gates of Windsor Castle just prior to closing time. My host commented it was too bad we didn’t get there sooner because the tour was lovely.
I can tell you the village of Windsor was quaint, lovely and I made a promise to myself to visit the castle in the future. This past week I toured Windsor Castle with my 15-year old daughter.
That is not the remarkable part of the story …
The remarkable part is that the dream of visiting Windsor died in me years ago. There was a time in my life were everything was at a dead-end. ALL of my dreams had withered up and died. I was an empty woman going through the motions of life.
It wasn’t until I made the shift from reacting to life to living intentionally that my life turn around. To embrace life with joy versus shrinking back from life in fear; I have come to step into my authentic power. Through that my life has expanded and my career accelerated.
As my daughter and I were waiting on the rail platform for our train to Windsor, another train caught my eye. As I watched the electronic sign state the stops that train was traveling to … my dream came back full force as I saw ‘Bracknell’ displayed.
To be honest, it wasn’t until that moment that I realized that I was living the dream that I promised myself 25 years earlier. When the train arrived in Windsor and we were walking up to the castle, I started sharing with my daughter what I remembered from 25 years ago and the excitement of a young businesswoman.
The tour was amazing. The rich history, artwork and gardens were breath-taking. After the tour, we took lunch with a huge window view of the Castle.
Gratitude is the only word that can describe what I felt that day. Grateful to have broken through my fears and limiting beliefs to be where I am in my professional life, able to afford a luxury vacation. Grateful to be sharing that dream with my daughter.
Most of all, I am grateful to be sharing my techniques with other women who have seen their lives expand and live their forgotten dreams.
What dreams do you have locked away in you?
Are you ready to live them?